The Masters Program is designed for those 50 years old or older with no dependent children who are available to make a two or three year commitment to serve overseas utilizing the maturity, skills, and experience they have gained over their lifetime.
As a Master's Missionary, you must assure part of your own support, while other funding is provided through the International Mission Board. For more information on the funding and jobs, click on ‘Search Jobs’.
If you have further questions or concerns please call Initial Contacts at 1-888-422-6461 (toll free) between 9:00AM and 4:00PM, Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday.
Qualifications of the Masters Program
- A sense of God’s leadership
- Emotional, physical and spiritual health
- At least 50 years old; no upper age limit (if married, one spouse must be 50)
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- No dependent children under age 18; no children can accompany parents to the field
- An active member of a Southern Baptist church for the past two years
- Commitment to evangelism
- People with a past divorce (five years in the past) may serve — call Initial Contacts for more information
- Education/experience that meets the field requirements
- A growing Christian faith
- Ability to provide partial support
- Ability to clear your calendar for a four day conference in Virginia